Use Synology Cloud Sync to Encrypt and Decrypt Backblaze B2 Files
When you set up a sync for your Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage bucket with Synology Cloud Sync, you can encrypt your data.
- Sign in to Synology Cloud Sync, and enter your Account ID and app key.
- Specify the bucket that you want to sync.
This option encrypts only the files that you uploaded to Backblaze B2. It does not encrypt the files on the Synology device itself.
- Select the Data encryption checkbox, and click Next.
- Create and confirm your encryption password, and click OK.
There is no Synology Cloud Sync decryption tool for macOS. If you attempt to download your files from your bucket without decrypting them, you will not be able to open the files. You may see alerts that your program cannot open the file or that the file is corrupt.
- Download the Synology Cloud Sync Decryption Tool here.
- Extract the tool from the zipped folder, and run the tool.
- Enter the password that you created previously.
- Select the files that you want to decrypt, and select a destination folder for the restored files.
- Click Decrypt.