Groups will allow you to centrally manage and pay for all of your customers. With Groups, your customer can have access to their data as well or you can just pay for the account and set it up so only the customer has access. You decide what the access privileges will be when you create the group. Groups will provide you the following capabilities:
- Management of all customers and devices from one place: Desktops, Laptops, Servers and NAS
- Organization of your business and residential customers by groups
- Ability for both you and your customers to manage restores and backups
- Monthly or annual billing
- Ability to buy licenses with no minimum requirements
How to get started with Groups
- Create a Backblaze account or use an existing one.
- Sign In, navigate to MY SETTINGS and check the box marked BUSINESS GROUPS.
- Start creating groups and sending invites to your customers.
- Send an email to [email protected] to register the the email address for your Business Groups address within three days in order to receive a 10% commission on Business Groups sales.
Payment for Business Groups
In order to get compensated for providing Groups to your business and residential customers, you must email [email protected]
with the address you plan to use for managing your Groups account. You are required to provide the email address to us within three days from the time you activate your Groups account, otherwise payment will not be received.
Commissions are paid out quarterly. Once you have over $1000 in sales you will get a payment from from us for 10% of your sales. Tracking your sales in Groups is easy. Login to your account, navigate to the Billing section on the lower left and select Groups to see your sales organized by year.
The 10% commission is only received on Computer Backup sales and does not apply to Backblaze B2 which can be accessed from Groups but is billed separately.
Server & NAS Backup Storage with Backblaze B2
B2 is our cloud storage solution which allows any data to be stored in the Backblaze cloud. B2 is only $5/month to store 1 TB of data! That's ¼ the price of similar services, like Amazon S3. While we do not offer a discount on B2, it gives you a great opportunity to boost your bottom line. Read how Layer 2, an MSP out of Dayton, OH turned server backup from an unprofitable service to a profit center by simply switching to B2.
Note that Backblaze B2 is only cloud storage. To backup server and NAS devices, you need a backup agent, like Cloudberry. Other backup agents that integrate with Backblaze B2 can be found on our Server and NAS integration page.
Get started with B2 by signing up here.