Introducing release 4.2 for Backblaze Personal Backup and Backblaze Business Backup clients. This is a relatively minor release, but there are a few visual changes to the client, so we wanted to give it a new release number.
- Inherit Backup State – we change the terminology for this feature in our previous release, but we have now also added the Inherit Backup State functionality into the client itself. You can find it by opening “Settings” in the Backblaze Control Panel. Read more about this feature on the Inherit Backup State knowledge base article.
- Exclusions – as indicated in release 4.1, we have given users more access to our exclusions lists, giving advanced users a bit more control over their backups. Additionally, exclusions now work across all attached drives. This resulted in some confusion in the field, so we’ve added more verbiage to the client’s exclusions section to make the exclusions a bit more clear. You can read all about it on our Exclusions Settings knowledge base articles for Mac and Windows.
- Performance – with the exclusion changes, indexing speeds can be ~100% faster. Lessening resource usage on the computer and improving overall performance.
Version 4.2 can be installed and is supported on the following operating systems:
- Mac OS 10.6 or higher
- Windows XP (32-bit)
- Windows Vista (32 & 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (32 & 64-bit)
- Windows 10 (32 & 64-bit)
Release Version Number:
Mac – 4.2.0
PC – 4.2.0
Backblaze Personal Backup
Backblaze Business Backup
- Immediately when performing a “Check for Updates” (right click on the Backblaze icon and then select “Check for Updates”).
- Immediately as a download from: https://secure.backblaze.com/update.htm.
- Immediately as the default download from: www.backblaze.com.
- Auto-update will begin in a couple of weeks.
Free as an update for all Backblaze customers and active trial users.
For any questions please contact Backblaze support at: Backblaze.com.