Mobile Bucket Management
You can create buckets and folders, upload files, and delete buckets, folders, and files directly on your Android or iOS device.
Create a B2 Bucket
- Sign in to your Backblaze mobile app, and select B2 Files in the Browse tab.
- In the lower-right corner of the screen, tap the create bucket icon.
- Enter a unique name for your bucket.
Bucket access defaults to private. To change the access to public, sign in to your Backblaze B2 account on a web browser, navigate to your bucket, and click Bucket Settings.
- If applicable, select the checkbox to enable Object Lock.
To set your Object Lock retention settings, sign in to your Backblaze B2 account on a web browser, and click Object Lock. Click here for more information about Object Lock.
- Tap Create a Bucket.
Upload Files to a B2 Bucket
- Sign in to your Backblaze mobile app.
- Select B2 Files, and navigate to your destination bucket.
- In the lower-right corner of the screen, tap the upload icon.
- Tap Upload Files (Android & iOS) or Upload Photo/Video (iOS), and select your items.
Note: Your specific photo or file applications may not allow you to select multiple files.
Note: If this is your first upload using your mobile device, a message is displayed that indicates there may be charges associated with the storage or that you are not connected to a WiFi network. Tap Upload to continue, or tap Cancel to return to the previous screen.
- On Android devices, tap the icon in the upper-right corner of the screen to view your uploaded files.
A status bar (Android) or a circle (iOS) is displayed that indicates the upload status. You can cancel queued and in-progress uploads. If a connection loss or timeout occurs, the application reattempts to upload your selected items. If the attempts fail, an option to upload again is displayed.
Delete Buckets, Files, and Folders
- Sign in to your Backblaze mobile app, and navigate to the content you want to delete.
- Swipe your item, or enable multi-select and select the items you want to delete.
- On Android devices, select and hold the item.
- On iOS devices, tap Select in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Tap DELETE (iOS), or tap the delete icon (Android).
- Tap Delete to confirm your action.
Your items are removed from the app. Alerts are displayed if the app is unable to remove your item.
For iOS users, if an alert appears that indicates that you deleted more files than expected, verify that you selected “Show Hidden Directories and Files” in Settings.