Backblaze is proud to be the Presenting Sponsor for World Backup Day 2012.
World Backup Day was started by a couple of concerned Reddit users as an independent grassroots initiative meant to raise awareness about the importance of doing backups. The audacious goal of World Backup Day is to have everyone back up their files, photos, videos—all their memories—on March 31st. There are many ways you can back up your files; DVDs, USB flash drives, external hard drives, and of course an online backup service like Backblaze. Whichever method you choose, don’t forget to back up on March 31st. Oh, and if you are using Backblaze—we’ve already got you covered on March 31st and every other day, too, with automatic continuous backups.
World Backup Day 2012 Contest—Win an iPad Third Generation
In concert with World Backup Day, Backblaze is also sponsoring a contest. Just download, install, and activate a free trial of the Backblaze Personal Backup service from www.backblaze.com/worldbackupday between now and April 2nd, 2012 (11:59:59 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time) and you will be entered into the contest. Winners will be chosen at random from all valid entries with five lucky winners being awarded a one year subscription for the Backblaze online backup service and one winner receiving a third generation iPad (16GB WiFi).
Here Are the Rules…
Try Backblaze Personal Backup, free, to enter the contest:
- 1. Go to
- 2. Enter a valid email address and choose a password.
- 3. Download and install the Backblaze online backup service to a PC or Mac.
- One entry per email address will be considered. Backblaze reserves the exclusive right to remove any entries from consideration it considers improper.
- No purchase required. Purchasing will not increase your chance of winning.
- Winners of the Backblaze service and the iPad will be selected at random by Backblaze from all valid entries. Winners will be contacted by email using the account information provided for the free trial.