Introducing Backblaze Computer Backup Release 5.1
This is a relatively minor release in terms of the core Backblaze Computer Backup service functionality, but is a big deal for Backblaze for Business as we’ve updated our Mac and PC clients to be RMM (Remote Monitoring and Management) compatible.
What Is New?
- Updated Mac and PC clients to better handle large file uploads
- Updated PC downloader to improve stability
- Added RMM support for PC and Mac clients
What Is RMM?
RMM stands for “Remote Monitoring and Management.” It’s a way to administer computers that might be distributed geographically, without having access to the actual machine. If you are a systems administrator working with anywhere from a few distributed computers to a few thousand, you’re familiar with RMM and how it makes life easier.
The new clients allow administrators to deploy Backblaze Computer Backup through most “silent” installation/mass deployment tools. Two popular RMM tools are Munki and Jamf. We’ve written up knowledge base articles for both of these.
|Learn more about Munki||Learn more about Jamf|
Do I Need To Use RMM Tools?
No — unless you are a systems administrator or someone who is deploying Backblaze to a lot of people all at once, you do not have to worry about RMM support.
Release Version Number:
October 12, 2017
- “Check for Updates” on the Backblaze Client (right click on the Backblaze icon and then select “Check for Updates”)
- Download from: https://secure.backblaze.com/update.htm
- Auto-update will begin in a couple of weeks
|Updating Backblaze on Mac||Updating Backblaze on Windows|
If you have any questions, please contact Backblaze Support at www.backblaze.com/help.