We will be having a planned maintenance period today between 2:00pm – 4:00pm Pacific Time. Unfortunately this work needs to be done before our regular maintenance which typically occurs on Thursdays from 2-4pm.
During this time the following may be affected for a small subset of users:
- Log in to www.backblaze.com
- Create Backup restores and B2 Cloud Storage Snapshots
- Start downloading newly created restores (restores already downloading should continue)
- Uploads will pause (data will continue to be scanned and uploads will resume automatically after the maintenance)
- Access and download data via the Backblaze Mobile Apps
- B2 users may not be able to upload files or authorize accounts
Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage will continue to serve files. Not all Backblaze customers will be affected during the maintenance window, but if you are experiencing issues, you are likely in the subset of users affected.
All Backblaze services are expected to resume once maintenance is complete.
We will be updating this post with information as we go through the system maintenance, as well as updating our Twitter feeds for more information.
*Update 2:18pm: Work has started on the maintenance – all things are looking good thus far!
*Update 4:05pm: Most of the work is complete – we are running one more check and then will be bringing systems online.
*Update 4:18pm: Some of the systems are being stubborn. We are dispatching sys admins to see if we can speed them along.
*Update 6:10pm: Sys admins are working on bringing the service back up – we hit a bit of a snag so it’s taking longer than anticipated. Apologies for the extended outage.
*Update 7:03pm: Systems are coming back online and service for affected users is being restored. If you were affected, please try clearing cache and trying again!