In order to increase system-wide performance, we’ve undertaken a journey to upgrade some of our core infrastructure. We are scheduling maintenance between
Unfortunately this work needs to be done before our regular maintenance which typically occurs on Thursdays from
During this time a small subset of users may be affected by the following:
- Logging in to www.backblaze.com
- Creating Backup restores and B2 Cloud Storage Snapshots
- Starting to download newly created restores (restores already downloading should continue)
- Uploading to Computer Backup (Personal and Business) will pause (data will continue to be scanned and uploads will resume automatically after the maintenance)
- Accessing and downloading data via the Backblaze Mobile Apps
- B2 Cloud Storage users may not be able to upload files or authorize accounts (if upload authorization was already given, those uploads will continue)
- B2 Cloud Storage users may not be able to create, delete, or update buckets during the maintenance window
Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage will continue to serve files. Not all Backblaze customers will be affected during the following maintenance window, but if you are experiencing issues, you are likely in the subset of users affected.
All Backblaze services are expected to resume once maintenance is complete.
We will be updating this post with information as we go through the system maintenance, as well as updating our Twitter feed for more information.
*Update*: Maintenance Round 2 will begin at 5:00pm Pacific Time. Follow along on Twitter (at the above URL) for updates! Maintenance will be a little longer this time, looking at 5:00pm – 9:00pm Pacific.
*Update*: Finishing up now and coming back online – sorry for going longer than anticipated. We wanted to do a bit more work once the servers were down. We’ll likely need to do this again next Monday, but impact should be minimal.
*Update*: We’re gearing up for the next round of maintenance tonight – the times should be from 5:00pm – 9:00pm Pacific and this should be the last of it. The good news is that impact thus far on these maintenance windows has been minimal – so folks should not see many issues, though some may not be able to log in or authenticate during this time.
*Update*: We’re about halfway through the maintenance tonight – apologies for the longer-than-expected outage.
*Update*: Maintenance is over and we’re online with the fancy new hardware! Sorry for the delay and thank you for being patient as we upgrade some core systems!