We are growing quickly and are on a bit of a hiring binge. Last week we opened a customer support position that we have now filled, but are looking for yet another person to add to that team.
Additionally, we are now looking for a fantastic Java engineer.
You will work on the server side APIs that authenticate users when they log in, accept the backups, manage the data, and prepare restored data for customers. You will work with artists and designers to create new HTML web pages that customers use every day. And, you will help build support tools to help chase down and diagnose customer issues.
Must be proficient in:
- Apache Tomcat
- UTF-8, Java Properties, and Localized HTML (Backblaze runs in 11 languages)
- APIs for PayFlow Pro/Paypal or other payment processor
- Large scale systems supporting thousands of servers and millions of customers
- Cross platform (Linux/Macintosh/Windows)—don’t need to be an expert on all three, but cannot be afraid of any
Looking for an attitude of:
- Passionate about building friendly, easy to use Interfaces and APIs.
- No platform bigotry—Linux good, Windows good, Macintosh good!
- Has to believe NoSQL is an okay philosophy to build enormously scalable systems.
- Likes to work closely with other engineers, support, and sales to help customers.
- Believes the whole world needs backup, not just English speakers in the USA.
- Customer Focused (!!)—always focus on the customer’s point of view and how to solve their problem!
If this sounds like you—contact us on our jobs form.