Backblaze has made a new release available. Below are the enhancements in this release:
Release Date: 6/04/12
- Included “Safety Freeze” feature. Stops all changes to an account if various issues are detected (such as a removed or overwritten Backblaze data directory) to add additional protection for user backups.
- First time installs of the Mac client now default the Backblaze folder to “/Library/Backblaze.bzpkg/” instead of “/Library/Backblaze.” This makes it a “Package” which hints to Spotlight to not index it, thus improving performance. (Mac) [Note: existing users can simply exclude Backblaze from Spotlight.]
- Moved to signing binaries with Apple Developer ID (instead of GlobalSign). (Mac)
- Added file type “.m2ts” as a “video” format for reports.
- Improved uninstaller icon image. (Mac)
All users are automatically being updated to this release. Version 2.0.6 is also a rollup release and thus includes all enhancements from releases 2.0.3, 2.0.4, and 2.0.5, which were not auto-updated.
You can download the latest client here!