Backblaze made a new release available. These release notes are a little delayed. Below are the enhancements in this release:
Release Date: 3/26/12
- Auto-detect user-preferred language at time of install.
- Streamlined logging for minor speed improvement of client application.
- Excluded a temporary folder with AVG virus definitions that need not be backed up.
- Touched up Russian language in uninstaller.
- Linked “Learn More” in uninstaller and error dialogs to correct web pages for each language.
- Added date to default name of “online hostname” for new installations to help users distinguish computers. (e.g. “Dell_PC_2012_03_26”)
- Completely revamped all Japanese language content.
- Updated icon in client “Restore…” dialog for “USB Flash Drive” restore option.
- Tailored pop up notifications in clients residing within Backblaze for Business accounts to enhance billing clarity.
- Localized uninstaller into all 11 supported languages.
- Updated uninstaller to remove all traces of Backblaze from computer.
- Removed ability to run installer on Mac OS X 10.4; existing 10.4 customers can continue using the service.
- Added additional functionality to support “Mountain Lion” (OSX 10.8) beta.
- Localized date format for all 11 supported languages.
- Updated to support current Windows 8 beta.