We recently released an update for Backblaze Computer Backup: version 7.0.2! This release comes with improvements to our Safety Freeze feature, and some enhancements to the Mac and Windows applications. Enjoy!
What’s New for Windows & Macintosh:
- Improvement: Safety Freeze
- Safety Freezes exist to protect your data from corruption, but lately, they’ve been a touch over-cautious. This improvement updates Safety Freeze to reduce the amount of false-positives users experience.
- Bug fix: Multiple hard drives listed
- Some users experienced duplicate volume listings in the application, which led to confusion. This release addresses that issue.
- Minor improvements to logging.
What’s New for Macintosh:
- Bug fix: Location Services
- This feature has been reworked to reduce the amount of pop-ups received when Locate My Computer is enabled on more recent macOS versions. This also fixed an issue where disabling Locate My Computer on the web would still result in a pop-up asking for Location Services permission.
Release Version Number:
Mac — 18.104.22.1684
PC — 22.214.171.1243
Free for Backblaze Computer Backup consumer and business customers and active trial users.
- Immediately when performing a “Check for Updates” (right-click on the Backblaze icon and then select “Check for Updates”).
- Immediately as a download from: https://secure.backblaze.com/update.htm.
- Immediately as the default download from: www.backblaze.com.
- Auto-update will begin rolling out in the next few weeks.