We’re releasing an update today for Backblaze Computer Backup: version 7.0.1! This release comes with improvements to our Inherit Backup State feature, and some enhancements to the Mac and Windows applications.
What’s New For Windows & Macintosh:
- Inherit Backup State
- Has been rewritten to increase the upper thresholds for inheriting a backup state. In the past, some edge-cases existed where log files were too large to be inherited, resulting in a failure. This has now been fixed.
- The process has also been cleaned up to remove unnecessary older files, which should result in better performance and less system resource usage.
- .Bzvol Enhancements
- Fixed a bug which sometimes showed duplicate volume listings in the apps, which led to confusion.
- Fixed a bug with .Bzvol which resulted in no files appearing to be selected in some cases.
- Minor security enhancements and improvements to logging.
Release Version Number:
Mac — 220.127.116.114
PC — 18.104.22.1683
April 9th, 2020
Free for Backblaze Computer Backup consumer and business customers and active trial users.
- Immediately when performing a “Check for Updates” (right-click on the Backblaze icon and then select “Check for Updates”).
- Immediately as a download from: https://secure.backblaze.com/update.htm.
- Immediately as the default download from: www.backblaze.com.
- Auto-update will begin rolling out in the next few weeks.