I quickly racked my brain, “Did we announce anything new yesterday…?” Then I looked and saw that what they actually meant more specifically was that my face was on TechCrunch, along with a wardrobe I was selling.
Here’s the quick backstory:
* My wife wanted us to get rid of a wardrobe we were no longer using.
* I posted it on Facebook Marketplace, a social online classifieds service.
* Facebook Marketplace is powered by Oodle.
* Oodle was founded and still led by Craig Donato.
* I knew Craig from [email protected] and he is a friend on Facebook.
* Through Oodle’s social aspect, Craig saw my posting.
* Craig asked if he could use my post in a preso.
* Four days later I get a slew of emails about being on TechCrunch (and VentureBeat.)
I love the serendipity of being in Silicon Valley.
Now if I could just find a tie-in here to online backup…
(Congrats Craig and team on the success with Oodle!)