Want to work at a company that helps customers in 156 countries around the world protect the memories they hold dear — a company that stores over 500 petabytes of customers’ photos, music, documents, and work files in a purpose-built cloud storage system?
Here’s your chance. Backblaze is looking for a Paralegal and Compliance Analyst!
Founded in 2007, Backblaze started with a mission to make backup software elegant and provide complete peace of mind. Over the course of almost a decade, we have become a pioneer in robust, scalable low cost cloud backup. Recently, we launched B2 — robust and reliable object storage at just $0.005/gb/mo. Part of our differentiation is being able to offer the lowest price of any of the big players while still being profitable.
We’ve managed to nurture a team oriented culture with amazingly low turnover. We value our people and their families. Don’t forget to check out our “About Us” page to learn more about the people and some of our perks.
We have built a profitable, high growth business. While we love our investors, we have maintained control over the business. That means our corporate goals are simple: grow sustainably and profitably.
Some Backblaze Perks:
- Competitive healthcare plans
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- All employees receive option grants
- Unlimited vacation days
- Strong coffee
- Fully stocked micro kitchen
- Catered breakfast and lunches
- Awesome people who work on awesome projects
- New parent childcare bonus
- Normal work hours
- Get to bring your pets into the office
- San Mateo Office — located near Caltrain and Highways 101 & 280
Paralegal and Compliance Analyst Responsibilities:
- Collaborate and develop relationships with internal business teams and third parties to draft a variety of corporate, contract and operational matters, obtaining approvals and signatures, and maintaining electronic and physical files
- Serve as the primary representative for all privacy inquiries, audits and on-going efforts
- Lead the continuous improvement of the privacy compliance program and risk assessment process, including maintenance of written policies and procedures
- Work across organizational teams to ensure that privacy processes are fully understood and implemented, including remediation of instances of noncompliance
- Draft legal documents for corporate governance including Board meeting minutes, corporate resolutions and consents, corporate entity management, and equity matters
- Assist in gathering information and documents in response to legal cases, subpoenas, and administrative agency requests
- Manage tools for documenting and tracking compliance with data privacy obligations
- Coordinate annual review of privacy-related certifications
- Assist with the management of external counsel, track invoices for compliance with policies and budget
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of paralegal experience, with experience in both law firm and/or in-house technology company environments
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year university or equivalent
- Familiarity with regulations and certifications like GDPR, SOC II, HIPPA, PCI, etc.
- Experience with data analytics software and tools such as SQL, Tableau, Excel, Google Sheets
- Must be organized and have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be proactive, flexible, self-starter, and a good team player
If this all sounds like you:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position in the subject line.
- Tell us a bit about your work history.
- Include your resume.