Want to work at a company that helps customers in 156 countries around the world protect the memories they hold dear? Would you enjoy being part of a company that stores over 500 petabytes of customers’ photos, music, documents, and work files in a purpose-built cloud storage system?
Well, here’s your chance. Backblaze is looking for a Data Center Technician!
Founded in 2007, Backblaze started with a mission to make backup software elegant and provide complete peace of mind to its users. Over the course of almost a decade, we have become a pioneer in robust and scalable low cost cloud backup. Recently, we launched B2 — robust and reliable object storage at just $0.005/gb/mo. Part of our differentiation is being able to offer the lowest price of any of the big players while still being profitable.
We’ve managed to nurture a team-oriented culture with amazingly low turnover. We value our people and their families. Don’t forget to check out our About Us page to learn more about the people and some of our perks.
We have built a profitable, high growth business. While we love our investors, we have maintained control over the business. That means our corporate goals are simple — grow sustainably and profitably.
Some Backblaze Perks:
- Competitive healthcare plans
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- All employees receive option grants
- Unlimited vacation days
- Strong coffee
- Fully stocked micro kitchen
- Catered breakfast and lunches
- Awesome people who work on awesome projects
- New parent childcare bonus
Want to Know What You’ll be Doing?
- Work as Backblaze’s physical presence in Sacramento area data center(s)
- Help maintain physical infrastructure including racking equipment, replacing hard drives, and other system components
- Repair and troubleshoot defective equipment with minimal supervision
- Support data center’s 24×7 staff to install new equipment, handle after hours emergencies, and other tasks
- Help manage onsite inventory of hard drives, cables, rails, and other spare parts
- RMA defective components
- Set up, test, and activate new equipment via the Linux command line
- Help train new Data Center Technicians as needed
- Help with projects to install new systems and services as time allows
- Follow and improve data center best practices and documentation
- Maintain a clean and well organized work environment
- On-call responsibilities require being within an hour of the SunGard’s Rancho Cordova/Roseville facility and occasional trips onsite 24×7 to resolve issues that can’t be handled remotely
- Work days may include Saturday and/or Sunday (e.g. working Tuesday – Saturday)
- Excellent communication, time management, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to lift/move 50-75 lbs and work down near the floor on a daily basis
- Position based near Sacramento, California and may require periodic visits to the corporate office in San Mateo, CA
- May require travel to other data centers to provide coverage and/or to assist with new site setup
If This All Sounds Like You:
- Send an email to email@example.com with the position in the subject line
- Tell us a bit about your work history
- Include your resume