Backblaze is upgrading its central systems, which will take place in two phases:
* Tuesday 3/6/12 for about one hour sometime at 2pm PST.
* Wednesday 3/7/12 for two to three hours starting at 2pm PST.
Due to massive growth, we are tripling the storage on those systems.
Our storage farm scales infinitely without downtime by adding Storage Pods, which we do all the time. However, expanding our central systems will require a couple small maintenance windows to perform the upgrade.
During this maintenance, some parts of our service will be affected:
* Restores and access to My Account will be unavailable.
* Creating new accounts will be unavailable. We will provide a form to enter your email address to be notified when maintenance is complete.
* Backups that are in process will continue unless interrupted by your computer shutting down or your Internet connection losing connectivity.
* Buying will be unavailable on our website. However, it will be possible to purchase annual licenses on Amazon.
We appreciate you backing up your data with us and your patience as we do this maintenance to allow us to continue our rapid growth.
Update: Tuesday maintenance will start between 3pm and 5pm PST.
Update: Tuesday maintenance is complete. Thank you engineering and ops teams!
Update: Wednesday maintenance is complete. Thank you engineering and ops teams!
Thank you also to you for your patience as we scale up!