Backblaze has made a new release available. Users will start being automatically upgraded later this week. Below are the enhancements in this release:
Release Date: 8/31/09
Windows Version: 126.96.36.199
Mac Version: 188.8.131.52
Auto-Update: All Users
Complete Snow Leopard Support (Mac)
- Re-written installer to support Snow Leopard security model.
- 64-bit support for higher performance.
- Backblaze Preference Pane properly morphs from System Preference Pane.
(Note: previous version supported, but this one has complete standards adherence.)
- Excluded Retrospect “.rdp” files from backup since Backblaze is not designed to backup backups. Excluded additional temporary files reported by customers. (Windows)
- Excluded 2GB “sleep image” (RAM snapshot from when laptop went to sleep.) (Mac)
- Excluded all “dot” folders in /Users/ which should not be backed up. (Mac)
Sped Up Indexing
New files are detected quicker by no longer indexing “/Network” which is not backed up anyway. (Mac)
Added keyboard navigation in Backblaze Control Panel to support blind users. (Windows; Mac coming soon.)
More accurate internationalized numbers and dates for each locale. (Mac)
- Fixed bug where Backblaze icon & popups sometimes would not appear.
- Fixed code signing to generate appropriate log warnings.
- Added new file types to reports.
- Fixed sorting bug when a folder is added to the Exclusions list.