Backblaze has made a new release available. Users will start being automatically upgraded later this week. Below are the enhancements in this release:
Release Date: 8/31/09
Windows Version: 188.8.131.52
Mac Version: 184.108.40.206
Auto-Update: All Users
Complete Snow Leopard Support (Mac)
* Re-written installer to support Snow Leopard security model.
* 64-bit support for higher performance.
* Backblaze Preference Pane properly morphs from System Preference Pane.
(Note: previous version supported, but this one has complete standards adherence.)
* Excluded Retrospect “.rdp” files from backup since Backblaze is not designed to backup backups. Excluded additional temporary files reported by customers. (Windows)
* Excluded 2 GB “sleep image” (RAM snapshot from when laptop went to sleep.) (Mac)
* Excluded all “dot” folders in /Users/ which should not be backed up. (Mac)
Sped Up Indexing
New files are detected quicker by no longer indexing “/Network”, which is not backed up anyway. (Mac)
Added keyboard navigation in Backblaze Control Panel to support blind users. (Windows; Mac coming soon.)
More accurate internationalized numbers and dates for each locale. (Mac)
* Fixed bug where Backblaze icon & popups sometimes would not appear.
* Fixed code signing to generate appropriate log warnings.
* Added new file types to reports.
* Fixed sorting bug when a folder is added to the Exclusions list.