We’re pleased to start the year off the right way, with an update to Backblaze Cloud Backup, version 5.2! This is a smaller release, but does increase backup speeds, optimizes the backup client, and addresses a few minor bugs that we’re excited to lay to rest.
- Increased transmission speed of files between 30MB and 400MB+.
- Optimized indexing to decrease system resource usage and lower the performance impact on computers that are backing up to Backblaze.
- Adjusted external hard drive monitoring and increased the speed of indexing.
- Changed copyright to 2018.
Release Version Number:
Backblaze Personal Backup
Backblaze Business Backup
January 4, 2018
- Immediately when performing a “Check for Updates” (right-click on the Backblaze icon and then select “Check for Updates”).
- Immediately as a download from: https://secure.backblaze.com/update.htm.
- Immediately as the default download from: www.backblaze.com.
- Auto-update will begin in a couple of weeks.
This is a free update for all Backblaze Cloud Backup consumer and business customers and active trial users.