Use Tiger Bridge to Integrate Veeam Backup to Backblaze B2
Tiger Bridge is appropriate for owners of the Standard and Community editions of Veeam Backup and Replication. If you use the Enterprise or Enterprise Plus edition, see Offload Veeam Cloud Tier to Backblaze B2 with Immutability.
You can use this guide to create a true set-it-and-forget-it Veeam backup solution. Tiger Bridge mirrors your Veeam Repository to Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage, with no Veeam configuration required.
At this time, only Windows Operating Systems are supported.
Set Up Backblaze B2
- Create an account here.
- Enter your email address, a password, and click Create a Backblaze B2 Account.
- In the left navigation menu under Account, click My Settings and click Add Phone Number.
- Enter a phone number that receives SMS messages, and click Send Code.
- Enter the code that you receive on your phone, and click Verify.
Create an Application Key
Application keys control access to your Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage account and the buckets that are contained in your account.
- Sign in to your Backblaze account.
- In the left navigation menu under Account, click Application Keys.
- Click Add a New Application Key, and enter an app key name.
You cannot search an app key by this name; therefore, app key names are not required to be globally unique.
- In the Allow Access to Bucket(s) dropdown menu, select All or a specific bucket.
- Select your access type (for example, Read and Write).
- Select the optional Allow List All Bucket Names checkbox (required for the Backblaze B2 S3-compatible API List Buckets operation).
- Click Create New Key, and note the resulting keyID and applicationKey values.
Install Tiger Bridge
- Download the Tiger Bridge Backup plan here.
- Install Tiger Bridge installed on the Veeam Repository Server and accept the licensing agreement.
If you have questions or need assistance, contact Backblaze sales.