Please check out our jobs page for additional great opportunities at Backblaze.
- Own Apache, Tomcat, WordPress and Java services used to host static and dynamic web sites
- Maintain and expand platforms used to host web services including Dell, Apple, and Supermicro servers plus Dell & EMC storage hardware
- Oversee daily and weekly backups of critical metadata
- Research new applications as needed and recommend specific packages and configurations (DNS, NTP, DHCP, etc.)
- Help maintain multi-petabyte storage farm including low level RAID rebuilds, file system recovery, and hardware repairs
- Help deploy, configure, and maintain hundreds of Linux systems and services using Ansible
- Perform routine drive replacements as needed
- Help create, maintain and improve operational bash shell scripts and manual procedures
- Help hire and train IT staff as needed, including those in remote (global) locations
- Participate in the pager rotation, respond to alerts as needed, review system logs, and monitor security forums
- Expert knowledge of Linux system administration, Debian experience preferred
- Experience running Apache, Tomcat, WordPress, and Java services
- 8+ years of experience
- Bash scripting skills desired
- Ability to lift/move 50-75 lbs and work down near the floor as needed
- Position based in the San Francisco Bay Area, California requiring three or more days a week in San Mateo
All Backblaze Positions Require:
- Good attitude and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Strong desire to work for a small fast paced company
- Desire to learn and adapt to rapidly changing technologies and work environment
- Rigorous adherence to best practices
- Relentless attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good oral/written communication
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
Want to join our team? Follow these three steps:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title listed above in the subject line
- Include your resume
- Include your answers to two of the following three questions:
- What about working at Backblaze excites you the most?
- Provide three adjectives that best describe your personal workspace.
- How would you manage boot images and system configurations on 1,000+ servers (i.e. Backblaze Storage Pods)?
We’ll be interviewing candidates over the next couple of weeks. Join us and help us continue to build a great online backup company.
Backblaze is an Equal Opportunity Employer.