You will lead the development of Backblaze’s Android application. Your responsibilities will include designing and implementing features as well as fixing bugs in a timely manner within project constraints. There are significant enhancements in the works, and you’ll be a part of making them happen.
- 10+ years of overall experience in software programming with 6 years minimum specializing in Android application development
- At least 3 published applications on the Android Marketplace available for immediate download and review by our team
- Experienced practicing Agile process
- Extensive experience in delivering highly modular, model-driven application
- Extensive experience with building applications using Java I/O, Collections, Algorithms and other well known application frameworks
- Experienced developing rich GUIs for Android
- Experienced with source code management techniques using Git
- Solid understanding of algorithms, memory management, object oriented programming, MVC programming, and concurrent programming
- Extensive experience detecting and correcting memory usage issues, as well as optimizing code for application performance
- A solid understanding of operating system fundamentals such as processes, inter-process communication, multi-threading primitives, race conditions and deadlocks
- Experienced with JSON, XML, and interfacing Android applications to server side APIs
- Ability to function effectively and communicate with the following cross-functional teams: UX Designer, Project/Product Management, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and manage continuously changing business needs
- Desire to work in a startup environment that includes rapid release, quick and reliable decision making, and a high degree of autonomy
Must have a strong background in:
- Computer Science
- Multi-threaded programming
- Building reliable, testable software
- Competitive healthcare plans
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- All employees receive option grants
- Unlimited vacation days
- Strong coffee
- Fully stocked micro kitchen
- Catered breakfast and lunches
- Awesome people who work on awesome projects
- New parent childcare bonus
- Normal work hours
- Get to bring your pets into the office
- San Mateo Office — located near Caltrain and Highways 101 & 280
If this all sounds like you:
- Send an email to email@example.com with the position in the subject line.
- Tell us a bit about your work history.
- Include your resume.
Backblaze is an Equal Opportunity Employer.