Please visit our website to see: available listings.
At inception, Backblaze was a consumer company. Thousands upon thousands of individuals came to our website and gave us $5/mo to keep their data safe. But, we didn’t sell business solutions. It took us years before we had a sales team. In the last couple of years, we’ve released products that businesses of all sizes love: Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage and Backblaze for Business Computer Backup. Those businesses want to integrate Backblaze deeply into their infrastructure, so it’s time to hire our first Sales Engineer!
Founded in 2007, Backblaze started with a mission to make backup software elegant and provide complete peace of mind. Over the course of almost a decade, we have become a pioneer in robust, scalable low cost cloud backup. Recently, we launched B2 – robust and reliable object storage at just $0.005/gb/mo. Part of our differentiation is being able to offer the lowest price of any of the big players while still being profitable.
We’ve managed to nurture a team oriented culture with amazingly low turnover. We value our people and their families. Don’t forget to check out our “About Us” page to learn more about the people and some of our perks.
We have built a profitable, high growth business. While we love our investors, we have maintained control over the business. That means our corporate goals are simple – grow sustainably and profitably.
Some Backblaze Perks:
- Competitive healthcare plans
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- All employees receive Option grants
- Unlimited vacation days
- Strong coffee
- Fully stocked Micro kitchen
- Catered breakfast and lunches
- Awesome people who work on awesome projects
- Childcare bonus
- Normal work hours
- Get to bring your pets into the office
- San Mateo Office – located near Caltrain and Highways 101 & 280.
Backblaze B2 cloud storage is a building block for almost any computing service that requires storage. Customers need our help integrating B2 into iOS apps to Docker containers. Some customers integrate directly to the API using the programming language of their choice, others want to solve a specific problem using ready made software, already integrated with B2.
At the same time, our computer backup product is deepening it’s integration into enterprise IT systems. We are commonly asked for how to set Windows policies, integrate with Active Directory, and install the client via remote management tools.
We are looking for a sales engineer who can help our customers navigate the integration of Backblaze into their technical environments.
Are you 1/2” deep into many different technologies, and unafraid to dive deeper?
Can you confidently talk with customers about their technology, even if you have to look up all the acronyms right after the call?
Are you excited to setup complicated software in a lab and write knowledge base articles about your work?
Then Backblaze is the place for you!
Enough about Backblaze already, what’s in it for me?
In this role, you will be given the opportunity to learn about the technologies that drive innovation today; diverse technologies that customers are using day in and out. And more importantly, you’ll learn how to learn new technologies.
Just as an example, in the past 12 months, we’ve had the opportunity to learn and become experts in these diverse technologies:
- How to setup VM servers for lab environments, both on-prem and using cloud services.
- Create an automatically “resetting” demo environment for the sales team.
- Setup Microsoft Domain Controllers with Active Directory and AD Federation Services.
- Learn the basics of OAUTH and web single sign on (SSO).
- Archive video workflows from camera to media asset management systems.
- How to install and monitor online backup installations using RMM tools, like JAMF.
- Tape (LTO) systems. (Yes – people still use tape for storage!)
How can I know if I’ll succeed in this role?
- Confidence. Be able to ask customers questions about their environments and convey to them your technical acumen.
- Curiosity. Always want to learn about customers’ situations, how they got there and what problems they are trying to solve.
- Organization. You’ll work with customers, integration partners, and Backblaze team members on projects of various lengths. You can context switch and either have a great memory or keep copious notes. Your checklists have their own checklists.
You are versed in:
Your background contains:
The right extra credit:
There are literally hundreds of previous experiences you can have had that would make you perfect for this job. Some experiences that we know would be helpful for us are below, but make sure you tell us your stories!
What’s it like working with the Sales team?
The Backblaze sales team collaborates. We help each other out by sharing ideas, templates, and our customer’s experiences. When we talk about our accomplishments, there is no “I did this,” only “we”. We are truly a team.
We are honest to each other and our customers and communicate openly. We aim to have fun by embracing crazy ideas and creative solutions. We try to think not outside the box, but with no boxes at all. Customers are the driving force behind the success of the company and we care deeply about their success.
If this all sounds like you:
- Send an email to email@example.com with the position in the subject line.
- Tell us a bit about your Sales Engineering experience.
- Include your resume.