Please check out our jobs page for additional great opportunities at Backblaze.
You will play a pivotal role at Backblaze! You will be the glue that binds people together in the office and one of the main engines that keeps our company running. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the company culture of Backblaze by making the office a fun and welcoming place to work. As an Office Administrator, your priority is to help employees have what they need to feel happy, comfortable, and productive at work -whether it’s refilling snacks, collecting shipments, responding to maintenance requests, ordering office supplies, or assisting with fun social events, your contributions will be critical to our culture.
- Maintain a clean, well-stocked and organized office
- Greet visitors and callers, route and resolve information requests
- Ensure conference rooms and kitchen areas are clean and stocked
- Sign for all packages delivered to the office as well as forward to relevant departments
- Work with the Restore team to collect and label daily shipments
- Act as point of contact for building facilities and other office vendors and deliveries
- Work with HR to ensure new hires are welcomed successfully at Backblaze – to include desk/equipment orders, seat planning, and general facilities preparation
- Work with the “Fun Committee” to support office events and activities
- Be available after hours as required for ongoing business success (events, building issues)
- Administrative duties as assigned
- 1 year experience in an Inventory/Shipping/Receiving/Admin role preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and Google Apps
- Experience and skill at adhering to a budget
- High attention to detail
- Proven ability to prioritize within a multi-tasking environment; highly organized
- Collaborative and communicative
- Hands-on, “can do” attitude
- Personable and approachable
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
Required for all Backblaze Employees:
- Good attitude and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Strong desire to work for a small fast paced company
- Desire to learn and adapt to rapidly changing technologies and work environment
- Occasional visits to Backblaze datacenters necessary
- Rigorous adherence to best practices
- Relentless attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good oral/written communication
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- OK with pets in office
This position is located in San Mateo, California. Regular attendance in the office is expected.
Backblaze is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we offer competitive salary and benefits, including our no policy vacation policy.
If you think you’d be a great fit, please email your resume to email@example.com.