At inception, Backblaze was a consumer company. Thousands upon thousands of individuals came to our website and gave us $5/mo to keep their data safe. But, we didn’t sell business solutions. It took us years before we had a sales team. In the last couple of years, we’ve released products that businesses of all sizes love: Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage and Backblaze for Business Computer Backup. Those businesses want to integrate Backblaze into their infrastructure, so it’s time to expand our teams!
Founded in 2007, Backblaze started with a mission to make backup software elegant and provide complete peace of mind. Over the course of almost a decade, we have become a pioneer in robust, scalable low cost cloud backup. Recently, we launched B2 – robust and reliable object storage at just $0.005/gb/mo. Part of our differentiation is being able to offer the lowest price of any of the big players while still being profitable.
We’ve managed to nurture a team oriented culture with amazingly low turnover. We value our people and their families. Don’t forget to check out our “About Us” page to learn more about the people and some of our perks.
We have built a profitable, high growth business. While we love our investors, we have maintained control over the business. That means our corporate goals are simple – grow sustainably and profitably.
Some Backblaze Perks:
- Competitive healthcare plans
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- All employees receive Option grants
- Unlimited vacation days
- Strong coffee
- Fully stocked Micro kitchen
- Catered breakfast and lunches
- Awesome people who work on awesome projects
- New Parent Childcare bonus
- Normal work hours
- Get to bring your pets into the office
- San Mateo Office – located near Caltrain and Highways 101 & 280.
Want to know what you’ll be doing?
You will play a pivotal role at Backblaze! You will be the glue that binds people together in the office and one of the main engines that keeps our company running. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the company culture of Backblaze by making the office a fun and welcoming place to work. As an Office Administrator, your priority is to help employees have what they need to feel happy, comfortable, and productive at work; whether it’s refilling snacks, collecting shipments, responding to maintenance requests, ordering office supplies, or assisting with fun social events, your contributions will be critical to our culture.
Office Administrator Responsibilities:
- Maintain a clean, well-stocked and organized office
- Greet visitors and callers, route and resolve information requests
- Ensure conference rooms and kitchen areas are clean and stocked
- Sign for all packages delivered to the office as well as forward relevant departments
- Administrative duties as assigned
Facilities Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Act as point of contact for building facilities and other office vendors and deliveries
- Work with HR to ensure new hires are welcomed successfully at Backblaze – to include desk/equipment orders, seat planning, and general facilities preparation
- Work with the “Fun Committee” to support office events and activities
- Be available after hours as required for ongoing business success (events, building issues)
Jr. Buyer Responsibilities:
- Assist with creating purchase orders and buying equipment
- Compare costs and maintain vendor cards in Quickbooks
- Assist with booking travel, hotel accommodations, and conference rooms
- Maintain accurate records of purchases and tracking orders
- Maintain office equipment, physical space, and maintenance schedules
- Manage company calendar, snack, and meal orders
- 1 year experience in an Inventory/Shipping/Receiving/Admin role preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, Google Apps, Quickbooks, Excel
- Experience and skill at adhering to a budget
- High attention to detail
- Proven ability to prioritize within a multi-tasking environment; highly organized
- Collaborative and communicative
- Hands-on, “can do” attitude
- Personable and approachable
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Strong data entry
This position is located in San Mateo, California. Backblaze is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If this all sounds like you:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position in the subject line.
- Tell us a bit about your work history.
- Include your resume.