As Backblaze continues to grow, we’re expanding our accounting team! We’re looking for a seasoned Fixed Asset Accountant to help us with fixed assets and equipment leases.
- Maintain and review fixed assets.
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions.
- Review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation.
- Calculate depreciation for all fixed assets.
- Investigate the potential obsolescence of fixed assets.
- Coordinate with Operations team data center asset dispositions.
- Conduct periodic physical inventory counts of fixed assets. Work with Operations team on cycle counts.
- Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the summary-level account in the general ledger.
- Track company expenditures for fixed assets in comparison to the capital budget and management authorizations.
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets, and assist the auditors in their inquiries.
- Recommend to management any updates to accounting policies related to fixed assets.
- Manage equipment leases.
- Engage and negotiate acquisition of new equipment lease lines.
- Overall control of original lease documentation and maintenance of master lease files.
- Facilitate and track routing and execution of various lease related: agreements — documents/forms/lease documents.
- Establish and maintain proper controls to track expirations, renewal options, and all other critical dates.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- 5-6 years relevant accounting experience.
- Knowledge of inventory and cycle counting preferred.
- Quickbooks, Excel, Word experience desired.
- Organized, with excellent attention to detail, meticulous, quick-learner.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt and wear different hats.
Backblaze Employees Have:
- Good attitude and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Strong desire to work for a small, fast-paced company.
- Desire to learn and adapt to rapidly changing technologies and work environment.
- Comfortable with well-behaved pets in the office.
This position is located in San Mateo, California. Regular attendance in the office is expected. Backblaze is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we offer competitive salary and benefits, including our no policy vacation policy.
If This Sounds Like You:
Send an email to email@example.com with:
- Fixed Asset Accountant in the subject line
- Your resume attached
- An overview of your relevant experience