Are you an Automation Systems Administrator who is looking for a challenging and fast-paced working environment? Want to a join our dynamic team and help Backblaze grow to new heights? Our Operations team is a distributed and collaborative group of individual contributors. We work closely together to build and maintain our home grown cloud storage farm, carefully controlling costs by utilizing open source and various brands of technology, as well as designing our own cloud storage servers. Members of Operations participate in the prioritization and decision making process, and make a difference everyday. The environment is challenging, but we balance the challenges with rewards, and we are looking for clever and innovative people to join us.
- Develop and deploy automated provisioning & updating of systems
- Lead projects across a range of IT disciplines
- Understand environment thoroughly enough to administer/debug any system
- Participate in the 24×7 on-call rotation and respond to alerts as needed
- Expert knowledge of automated provisioning
- Expert knowledge of Linux administration (Debian preferred)
- Scripting skills
- Experience in automation/configuration management
- Position based in the San Mateo, California Corporate Office
Required for all Backblaze Employees
- Good attitude and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Desire to learn and adapt to rapidly changing technologies and work environment.
- Relentless attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Backblaze is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we offer competitive salary and benefits, including our no policy vacation policy.
Founded in 2007, Backblaze started with a mission to make backup software elegant and provide complete peace of mind. Over the course of almost a decade, we have become a pioneer in robust, scalable low cost cloud backup. Recently, we launched B2 – robust and reliable object storage at just $0.005/gb/mo. Part of our differentiation is being able to offer the lowest price of any of the big players while still being profitable.
We’ve managed to nurture a team oriented culture with amazingly low turnover. We value our people and their families. Don’t forget to check out our “About Us” page to learn more about the people and some of our perks.
We have built a profitable, high growth business. While we love our investors, we have maintained control over the business. That means our corporate goals are simple – grow sustainably and profitably.
Some Backblaze Perks:
- Competitive healthcare plans
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- All employees receive Option grants
- Unlimited vacation days
- Strong coffee
- Fully stocked Micro kitchen
- Catered breakfast and lunches
- Awesome people who work on awesome projects
- Childcare bonus
- Normal work hours
- Get to bring your pets into the office
- San Mateo Office – located near Caltrain and Highways 101 & 280.
If this sounds like you — follow these steps:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position in the subject line.
- Include your resume.
- Tell us a bit about your experience and why you’re excited to work with Backblaze.