Get ready. The release of Backblaze Computer Backup 9.0 is rolling out now through the end of September.
Backblaze Computer Backup 9.0 is available today in early access, and restoring your files is about to get a whole lot easier.
Backblaze v9.0 Is Now Available for General Release
Great news! As of September 28, 2023, v9.0 is now available to all Backblaze Computer Backup users. Check out the details of the product below, and visit our Updates page to make sure you have the latest version.
What’s New in Backblaze Computer Backup 9.0?
Whether you’re a longtime user or just getting started with Backblaze, version 9.0 provides you with an unparalleled backup and restore solution. With our latest release, you get our most requested feature: a dedicated restore app for both macOS and Windows clients that makes the process of restoring your data even more intuitive, seamless, and streamlined than before. The new version also comes with essential bug fixes and performance improvements to keep your back up experience ahead of the curve for both security and speed.
Backblaze Restore App: macOS and Windows Highlights
Whether you’re using our macOS or Windows clients, you can now recover your important data with even more ease.
Here’s a peek into some of the new features we have in store with our new Restore Client App:
- Simplified restore initiation process. When you’ve lost important files, the last thing you want is a demanding process sitting between you and restoring your data. With the restore app, you authenticate your Backblaze account and initiate the restore directly from your desktop. Once authenticated, you can browse your file tree and kick off the restore process immediately.
- No limits for restore size. There are no limits to restore sizes inside of the restore app. Conserving disk space is important and you shouldn’t have to worry about downloading a .zip and having enough additional space to unzip it as well.
Note that the Restore App requires minimum of MacOS 11 (Big Sur) or higher due to Swift UI compatibility. If you’re interested in a comprehensive tutorial on how to use the new restore app, we’re here to guide you. Let us walk you through the process.
We’re excited that our version 9.0 release compliments your already robust methods of accessing your data. To access your backup from anywhere, you can log in to www.backblaze.com to initiate a restore and use our iOS and Android apps to access your files on the go.
Backblaze v9.0 Is Available in Early Access Today: September 13, 2023
We will be taking feedback and slowly auto-updating all users in the coming weeks, but if you can’t wait and want to download the early access release now on your Mac or PC:
- Go to: https://www.backblaze.com/status/backup-beta
- Select your operating system and download the v9.0 app.
- Install the early access release on your computer.
Please note, since this is in early access you might hit some bugs. Please reach out to our Support Team if you have any questions or if you want to give feedback—we always like to know how things are going.