Please check out our jobs page for additional great opportunities at Backblaze.
There was a time when Cecilia gleefully did our accounting, counted hard drives, and basically ran our office. As Backblaze has grown so has her workload and Cecilia is busy, busy, busy. She needs someone to join her team as an Accounting Administrator. Ideally this person would have solid computer skills (Excel, Word, etc.), some finance experience, be meticulous and detail oriented, and be willing to wear many different hats, including sales and office administration. Someone who could do all that would make Cecilia decidedly less monstrous.
This position is in our San Mateo, California office. Please follow the instructions at the end of this post to apply.
The duties of a Backblaze Accounting Administrator include:
- Ensure timely and accurate payments to vendors and employees
- Obtain approval and/or confirmation of receipt/completion of services
- Check expense reports submitted for completion/accuracy
- Enter approved invoices and expense reports in Quickbooks
- Handle and resolve invoice/payable discrepancies
- Ensure there are receipts for all charges on corporate credit cards
- Maintain bank to Quickbooks connection and upload credit card charges on a regular basis
- Maintain AP files
- Enter, update, and follow up on new and renewal invoices
- Enter Affiliate Payout Invoices
- Assist with FreshBooks to QuickBooks migration for invoicing.
- Coordinate lunches, breakfasts, snacks and kitchen supplies
- Manage office cleaners, facilities maintenance
- Plan and coordinate quarterly company outings and holiday party
How to Apply
Qualified candidates (no recruiters or agencies please) should send an email with the following three items to
- Accounting Administrator in the Subject Line.
- In the email, tell us why you would fit into the Backblaze culture.
- Attach your current resume.
Backblaze is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we offer competitive salary and benefits, including our no policy vacation policy.
We’ll be accepting resumes through October 12, 2014.