Please check out our jobs page for additional great opportunities at Backblaze.
Backblaze B2 continues to grow and as it does we are in need of someone to help customers get up and running! Want a challenge? Check out the position and job description of our Customer Success Manager position below.
Customer Success Manager – B2
Are you excited about starting new things? Charting a path that others will follow in the future? Then – come join and be the charter member of our new Customer Success team for B2. When a customer’s question starts with, “How do I …” you’ll be the go-to resource.
You’ll be working directly with customers adopting B2 in their organizations. You’ll be the primary contact and have the opportunity to build a trusted adviser relationship to ensure they are getting the most value from the Backblaze B2 services. Customers will expect you to be an internal advocate, communicating feedback to product management, sales, support and engineering.
You’ll work with the Backblaze sales/support organization, along with utilization numbers to identify those customers that need assistance. And you’ll work with product management and engineering to communicate how the product could better serve our customers. You’re the center of the B2 customer’s experience with Backblaze.
- 3+ years of customer success, support, sales engineering or professional services experience.
- Knowledge of cloud object storage, for example – Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage, Rackspace Cloud Files, etc. Knowledge of backups
- Knowledge of basic system administration of Linux system. Mac and Windows systems are a bonus.
- Experience programming web based and/or REST APIs using any programming or scripting language.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. This includes tracking customer issues, managing a customer crisis and filtering communication to and from Backblaze.
- Interested in playing with new stuff. There are literally dozens of products, big and small, open source and commercial that are being integrated into B2. You’ll be responsible for understanding them, vetting them and recommending them to customers.
- A bachelors degree in computer science, information technology or a related discipline.
Required for all Backblaze Employees
- Good attitude and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Strong desire to work for a small fast paced company.
- Desire to learn and adapt to rapidly changing technologies and work environment.
- Occasional visits to Backblaze datacenters necessary.
- Rigorous adherence to best practices.
- Relentless attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good oral/written communication.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
Interested in working at Backblaze? Follow these steps:
- Send an email to email@example.com with the position in the subject line.
- Include your resume.
- Tell us a bit about your past relevant work experience.
Some interesting videos:
Backblaze is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive salary and benefits.