Please check out our jobs page for additional great opportunities at Backblaze.
Backblaze is hiring and we need a Senior Network Sys Admin to join our Operations team! Want to help us grow and continue on as a leader in cloud storage? Check out the job description and the steps to apply below:
Senior Network Sys Admin Responsibilities:
- Own network infrastructure & services (routers, switches, VPNs, LBs, DNS, DHCP, PXE, etc.).
- Automate deploying & updating network related configurations.
- Lead efforts to monitor and troubleshoot network issues.
- Improve network security (PCI compliance, firewalls, ACLs, HackerOne, Log Analysis, etc.).
- Negotiate contracts with networking hardware and connectivity vendors.
- Forecast bandwidth growth and manage ramp schedules with telcos.
- Help model the cost of customer bandwidth usage.
- Help administer/debug non-networking system (Debian Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, etc.).
- Help with planning (improve performance, reduce cost, increase efficiency, mitigate risk).
- Participate in the 24×7 on-call pager rotation and respond to alerts as needed.
- Expert knowledge availability topologies in both routing and switching layers.
- Expert knowledge with layer three technologies: IPv4, IPv6, OSPF, BGP, HSRP, VRRP, QoS.
- Expert knowledge of Linux system administration.
- 6+ years of experience or equivalent.
- Bash and/or Python scripting and Automation skills (Ansible experience preferred).
- Position based in San Mateo, CA.
Required for All Backblaze Employees:
- Good attitude and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Strong desire to work for a small fast paced company.
- Desire to learn and adapt to rapidly changing technologies and work environment.
- Occasional visits to Backblaze data centers necessary.
- Rigorous adherence to best practices.
- Relentless attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good oral/written communication.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
Interested in working at Backblaze? Follow these steps:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position in the subject line.
- Include your resume.
- Tell us a bit about your networking experience.
Some interesting videos:
Backblaze is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive salary and benefits.